Skincare Routine Tips and Tricks for Busy People!
It can be difficult to keep up with your skincare routine when life gets super busy. As a mama of two and an entrepreneur, I know this feeling first hand! But with a few tweaks to your routine, you can work on making this habit second nature.
1. Empty your cabinets of any products you aren't using in your daily, weekly, and monthly routine. Then, put your daily use products in your cabinet/ on your shelf in the order that you use them.
2. If you have deep enough cabinets, I suggest getting some small Lazy Susans, and putting your products in order on those. I like these from The Container Store, but anything that fits in your cabinet will work!
3. Consider doing your night routine right after dinner instead of at the very end of the night. This will help keep you from being too tired to be bothered by the end of the night.
4. Consider buying multiple of each product if you get ready in different places throughout the week. Our travel sized kits can be great for this! Keep your full sizes at home, throw the travel kit in your gym bag or keep it at your boyfriend's house, etc.
5. Keep your weekly exfoliant and masks in the shower. This is a game-changer for busy folks! Once a week, indulge in an elaborate shower (think: shaving, body scrub, hair mask, etc) and work in 5 - 10 mins for your exfoliant (like our Afterglow Lactic Microderm Scrub!) while you shave and then 5 - 10 mins of your weekly mask (like our Endless Summer Mask!) while you do your body scrub. This will make your weekly skincare routine feel super low maintenance. Bonus: the steam opens up the pores, and can also activate some of the acids in your products!
6. Change your mindset! Don't think of your skincare as a chore. It's a few minutes per day that you invest in yourself. Our daily lifestyle habits are the ones that will create the biggest transformations. So see it as the self-care it really is!
7. Be sure to tune your regimen up seasonally and as your needs and goals change. Check in with an esthetician who sells lilac + flint so we can get you on the right track! It's great to switch things up from time to time!
You can always text us at: (916) 913-3889.